February Favourites '14

3/02/2014






Please excuse me the crappy photo quality. The lighting was awful because of the rain...
Anyway, February was a hard month. Because I decided to be adventurous and change my cleanser, I got a really bad reaction. Now I decided to completely change my skin care routine and finally start listening to Caroline Hirons. Yes, no more foaming cleansers. I'm also trying to cut out any alchool based products - like tonics and masks. And Sulphates, no sulphates here.

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm

The hero of this month. Because of my reaction I decided to finally start to listen to Caroline and start to use cleansing balm not only as make-up remover, but as a cleanser as well. Best decision ever. I'm really loving this little guy. A little goes long and, although I want to try out the cult balms (like Emma Hardie's and Omorovicza's ) I'll be using this baby for a long, long time. I'm also curious about oils like the Shiseido one and Shu Uemura's (although I won't be exploring that field now, I'll leave it for later during this year).
How I use this? I take a tiny bit, rub along my finger tips and than massage all over my face. All the oil and gunk is afterwards removed with a hot cloth. I have to change/wash my cloth every day because of all the gunk and make up traces .

The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner

Well..this is maybe the last time that you guys will see him here. After all the skin care issue, I got to tweet Caroline asking about this and well...he got a big no. I'll be changing him for the Aloe toner and for the Vitamin E one. Lush's Tea Tree Water is also a option. Although I have to say that he really helped my skin. but apparently he has a really big quantity of alcohol. Sorry honey...

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

An old favourite that I'll keep for sure. This really helps my skin with irritation and along with a sulphate-free cleansing, this makes wonders. (even more than what's usual)
There is a new version , but  haven't seen it in stores. Once I get to try it out, I'll be sure to compare them.
Note : I use the French version of the Effaclar Duo. The American version has different ingredients and is used in a different way.

Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette

I got to talk about this palette in a previous post. It's really lovely palette and it will be a delight to use during the spring time. It has an wonderful combination of shimmer/satin shades and matte shades. Although, it's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Bourjois Color Boost


Probably my favourite lip crayons. I love their colour pay-off and the glossy finish. They aren't stick and don't day my lips. Their lasting power is okay although, re-applying after eating is a must do. 
I specially loved Red Island, since it's more of a winter colour, but I know that Fuchsia Libre will be a must for the Spring.

M.A.C Paint Pot in Painterly

My favourite cream base. My eyeshadows wouldn't completely melt because of him - since Too Faced's primer wouldn't do much . The colour is amazing, and although the price was bitter-sweet, I don't really care any more. This is a good cream eyeshadow, actually, it's the best (along with benefit's) for me. 

Sleek Face Form in Light

Another old favourite. I really like the colours. They suit my complexion and are easy to use and blend. 
There isn't much more to say, I really love face powders from Sleek. They are cheap and easy to get 


And that's all. I'll be working on changing my skin care routine. As soon as I get a more adequate feedback, I'll be sure to share with you guys. I'll also working on two reviews.

Take care everyone, have a wonderful day!

With Love,
Diana.

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.