The Drugstore Holly Grails

8/12/2014











(Let's all ignore my really strange expression. Seriously, I suck at selfies, I guess I'll have to employ someone to take me photos. Or maybe I can try a bit more...at least I'm trying!)
I know that I tend to talk more about high end products than drusgstore ones. I used to buy a lot of cheap items - specially essence. But then, most of the products weren't what I expected and ended up giving a bunch to my cousin so I decided to go with less but better. Oh and take advantage of Sephora deals and sales - which is probably the most intelligent thing I can do. But, there are still really amazing affordable products that deserve to shine and get attention. Specially when they perform like high-end products or even better. So, inspired by Vanessa's post about her Drusgstore Gems ( please check it out here ) I decided to make a post about my favourite products from the Drugstore / high street/ affordable companies / whatever you want to call it. (okay, easy Diana, easy...)
So, Starting with the eyeshadow palette, I went for Storm from Sleek. I have a love-hate relationship with their palettes mostly because of their matte shadows - too chalky and powdery for my taste and most of the times lacking in pigmentation. But this one is just good. Now only for the quality but also for the shadow selection. You can do so many types of looks with this palette - neutral ones, colourful ones, smokey ones...the possibilities are endless. So, if you are starting in the Makeup thing, I would totally recommend this one. Also, the packaging is really sturdy and...sleek. Perfect for travelling (Which I'll be doing quite a lot during the next week).
Keeping with the sleek theme, the Face Form in Light had to be mentioned as well. I know that I haven't been using a lot during this year - mostly because I'm been using my bronzer from Too Faced - but this really deserves to be mentioned. Again, amazing for travelling and the pigmentation is insane, specially on that blush. Light hand is a must with him. And yes, I'll be sure to do a comparative post between this and the Nars Orgasm + Laguna duo in the future (specially because I think that they aren't that similar...more in the future I guess).

Oh yes, no drugstore post could be done without mentioning this powder - The Catrice Mattifying Powder Waterproof. I almost got a backup of this yesterday but, I think I'll end up doing it anyway. It's the best powder I ever used - really fine, gives my skin a velvet and pretty look and keep the shine away. It's compact and has a good mirror. It doesn't have any brushes or sponges but, I personally don't care for that.
In therms of drusgstore lispticks I have to admit that I never went into experimenting too much. If I find something nice, I stick with it. That what happen with the Kate by Rimmel London lipsticks. The present here is the 05 but I also own 03 and I'm thinking about getting a few more. They are easy to apply, aren't too moisturising but aren't drying which is good. They just look nice and I can't complain too much...after all this costs around 7 euros.
Also from Rimmel London, their newest cream blushes - Stay Blushed in 001 a Pop of Pink-  are also a really nice treat. I wasn't expecting something this nice - easy too blend and build up and hold pretty nicely on my face. The colour I own is perfect for everyday and I'm thinking about searching for more. But won't be soon I guess.
Lastly but not least, the Catrice Waterproof Eye liner pencil in 100 Pearly Bird is my waterline choice. I got it because the one I wanted - matte and with a salmon hint - was (and still is...) out of stock. I'm really glad that I got this because it give a more shine and light to my eyes.

So, here are my dugstore choices, what are yours?
I'll be doing a similar post for high end and...it will be bigger than this. So get ready!

Take care everyone, have a nice day!

With Love,
Diana.

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.