Blushes for the Summer

6/17/2016

After the Pink-Coral Lipstick for the Sprin/Summer, I decided it would be a nice idea to do a the same for blushes, specially when is't one of the products I enjoy wearing the most. I don't know, I just feel that a looks doesn't look complete without a hint of blush on my cheeks. It is probably one of the items I collect the most - alongside with lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes.
In terms of shades, I am proud of owning a good selection. At least in my humble opinion - I own corals, peaches, pinks and even more dark shades - like Seduction from NARS. But I have to admit that I tend to select more bright shades than darker ones, which is why I felt it would be a nice idea to do this post. There are options for all pockets and tastes.


(from Left to Right : Benefit Sugarbomb; Benefit Coralista ; Soap and Glory Peach Party ; Aritaum  Sugarball Velvet in 03 ; Aritaum Sugarball Velvet in 04 ; Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 ) 

Starting with the more coral-toned blushes, I have to admit that my selection is quite extensive and overwhelming somehow...I mean I can see how the first tree shades look similar in the swatches (although they look totally different on my cheeks ). Benefit's Sugarbomb is a gorgeous peach shade that sadly I tend to forget because I have it depoted ( usually people depot things so that they don't forget them and then there's me...who does the opposite), but still whenever I use it I fall in love with it again and again. It gives a gorgeous glow to my skin, looking all healthy and good looking.
And although they seem almost the same on the swatch, I have to say that Benefit's Coralista is quite different from Sugarbomb - sugarbomb has a mix of brown while coralista is a true coral. I reach more often to this one and I still remember watching Ingrid (from the YT chanel Ingrid Nielsen) raving and raving about this chanel. I totally understand why.
Next, from the same shade-family but with more sparkle to it, there is Soap and Glory's Peach Party which I tend to use alone (with very light hand) or on top other blushes as a highlighter. It's probably the most versatile blush I own and I recommend it to anyone who likes a glow on their cheeks,From the Korean Beauty Department, I couldn't do a post without mentioning Aritaum's Velvet Sugarball Velvet blushes in 03 and 04. The first shade is a more peach-tone shade that leaves that really good-looking and healthy flush to the skin and that looks amazing with any type of look. The other shade, 04 , is a more reddish toned blush that requires more of a light hand. Still, it is a lovely shade to wear during this time. And lastly but not least from the row, there is the Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 - the most orange blush from the bunch. I really like it's texture because it has a cream-to-powder formula, which mean it isn't too messy and doesn't look weird on the skin. It also hods on the skin quite nicely.

( from left to right : Nars Orgasm ; Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop ; Soap and Glory Love at First Blush ; Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 Tea Rose)


Considering the more pink side, I see I can get more ( actually I shouldn't...but hoarding blushes is such a interesting thing...). Anyway, the first option had obviously to be the cult-favourite Nars Orgasm - seriously, it is indeed a gorgeous blush. It is one of those that looks pretty with any type of look. 
But to be honest, one of my favourite options had been the Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop, which makes me think why Cliniques doesn't release these babies in my country. The formula is just beautiful - it looks creamy but it isn't. And looks amazing on the skin, holding itself for more than 8 hours (which is a win). 
The Soap and Glory Love at First Blush is the pink brother of the Peach Party I talked previously. I like to wear this little guy on it's own or on top of a matte blush as an highlighter. If you are looking for an affordable version of the cult-favourite Shimmer Bricks, this is an option to consider. 
Lastly but not least at all, the Bourjois Cream Blush in Tea Rose was the first blush I got from the range - it's a gorgeous everyday pink that gives a really healthy glow to the cheeks. Again, the cream-to-powder formula is amazing and totally worth to check. 

And these are my blush options for the Summer. I might not do this type of post for eyeshadows because I tend to gravitate to the same shades - neutrals and pinks. But I might do one regarding nail polishes (mostly essie since it is what my collection has the most right now). 
I'm also thinking about doing some book-related posts and more lifestyle related posts...would you guys like that idea? 
Thank you very much for reading! And if you have blush recommendations feel free to share them! 



Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.