Mid Year Makeup Favourites

7/08/2016



I haven't write a post regarding monthly favourites for a long, long time. Mostly because of how busy my life has been. And to be honest, I wouldn't see any major change in terms of my routine that would be worth mentioning. favourites take a while to be favourites I guess. Because of that I took the decision to only write about favourites whenever I would felt like it. Now that the first 6 months of the year have passed - say what? - It feels like the proper time to do so. With no further due, here are my mid-year make up favourites (I'll probably do a post regarding my currently skin care routine later on) 

Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer 
Most people dream about MAC's 217. And then there's me - who is very happy with Zoeva's version. Seriously, every time I  use this brush, I consider getting another spare brush (I already own another 227). This brush is perfect for those frantic mornings where I want to do something close to a proper eyeshadow look but I can't bother too much with blending because I am late for Uni (or colege if you live in the USA). This brush is amazing to do the typical "wash of colour" on the eye lid. I also like it to regular blending, specially when I indeed have time to do proper eyeshadow looks. 

Argent Makeup Brush in 201 
Let me start by saying that I need to get two spares of this bad boy. I am yet to find a blending brush that does the same good job as this brush. Zoeva's are good - don't get me wrong - but because of the shape and bristles of this brush, I am able to do blending at whole new level. The shape is just perfect for my eyes - some blending brushes tend do be too big, making a hot mess instead of a beautiful blending.  If you can, don't think twice about trying out this brush. You won't regret it. 

Argent Makeup Brush in 102 
What can I say? I love blush, it's something I love applying. And to do that I like to use soft brushes. This one is so, but soo soft, I can't even explain it. The shade is also really amazing, considering how the apple os my cheeks look like. I also like to use it for bronzer and contour sometimes - it blends it without any major issues.  



Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer
No one will believe me, but I only own one concealer at this point. Yes, you read it right. One concealer. But it is probably one of the best concealers I have used. In the past I had some issues with Catrice concealers because they would be a little hard to blend, but this one - probably because of the liquid formula - it's just a dream. It has amazing coverage, making my dark circles vanish ( although it's hard because they are really bad). And it is super affordable and super easy to apply. I'm planing on getting another concealer in the future, but this one will always be an option. 

Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation 
Liquid hasn't been really option to me. Mostly because I've been enjoying a more natural look to the skin. This Powder foundation has been my staple because of that - it takes away the redness around my nose but lets my skin look like skin. And to think I used to call this " the good smelling powder". Nowadays I am considering getting this again once it hits pan without thinking twice. 



Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop 
I never though I would love this blush as much as I do. The texture of this blush is quite funny - at first seems like a cream, but is indeed a powder blush. I only need a tiny bit of this and my cheeks look all healthy and good looking. It also stays in place for...8 to 10 hours without moving? Impressive indeed, specially when I get ready in the morning and only get home after 10 hours - which include running to the bus, pollution, air conditioning and that kind of lovely stuff. I choose this shade in particular because it has become my go-to shade, no matter the occasion. 

H&M Beauty Department Blush in Cameo Pink 
Another staple in my collection. Whenever I want a neutral blush, this is the first thing grab - another option the Benefit's Rockateur - because it just looks amazing. It is fairly inexpensive and the quality is quite impressive. It isn't powdery or anything like that and blends beautifully. I should be rewarded for not getting my drawer full of these guys. 

Sephora Lip Cream Stain in Marvelous Mauve
Liquid Lipsticks have been a staple in my makeup routines lately. Alone or in a combination - I'll blame NikkieTutorials for my recent obsession regarding matte-gradient lips ( not the same as the Asian gradient lips, which I actually enjoy for the Summer time. I've been using this shade almost as a MLBB shade. And to think that I almost didn't get it. I have a friend who is always complementing me whenever I use this and is currently thinking about getting one for herself. I really want to get more shades like this one (if you read my previous post regarding my wish list you'll notice that).
If you are looking for a Mauve-nude liquid lipsticks, be sure to try this one. You won't regret it.

NYX Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick in Zurich
I don't know why, but it seems that NYX is currently everywhere - youtube, blogs, instagram. I believe it's due to their repackaging and kind of "rebranding". I don't know, I used to not pay attention to this brand but recently their releases have been indeed really good. I am a real fan of their liquid lipsticks and I can't wait to try out their Lingerie Liquid Lipstick line (along side with other goodies). I picked Zurich because it's the perfect nude shade. I tend to wear this either alone or combining it with other liquid lipsticks. And to think I almost didn't got it!

Here are my mid-year makeup favourites! I already have a few posts prepared to write and launch. I might also do some "lifestyle" posts and some "tourist" posts regarding some of the Summer trips I might do. After all, I am finally and officially on Summer Vacation! It was a crazy year, but more craziness and hard work is about to come. Bring it on I guess! Thank you very much for reading and take care!

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.