Travelling and Make Up | Holiday Edition

8/18/2016

So I was invited to spend a week at my aunt's house - which is really close to the beach and would allow me to tan a little bit. I obviously too my laptop with me - I mean...I have shows to watch, photos to edit and I've been using my free time to write posts and prepare them to the blog. This time I want to have things more prepared and under control for when Uni starts again. While there, I had a really great time and as you can imagine I obviously took a few items of make up with me. Who am I kidding...I probably took way too much considering I spent my time trying to tan and having fun with my family. But I like to be prepared to any occasion...we never know what might appear. I could be there catching the sun and be invited to an important event. And even with that in mind I tried to not pack too much.
If you are wondering about what I took in terms of skin care, I went to my sample box and took the great majority of them with me. I don't own travel sized skin care and pouring stuff into other containers wasn't in my mind either. And as for brushes I can say that I'm really proud of myself. With the exception of basic eyeshadow brushes, I only too the necessary - I might do a brush related post regarding that later. But let's check in detail what I took with me and why.


 
In terms of base make up, I decided to only take the basics but leave space to playful options regarding blush. I went for the Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer and the Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation because I was realistic enough to realize I wasn't going to wear any liquid Foundation during the time I was going to be there. Also I packed BB Cream Samples in case of any emergency. For bronzer I went to my mini Hoola Bronzer, which sadly I don't wear too much because I sometimes forget about my depoted palette - I shouldn't I know. I also decided that this would work as my transition shade for eye looks since it's matte and the shade is just perfect. As for blushes I packed three options. First was Benefit's Sugarbomb who truly deserves more love - I've been reaching out more towards Coralista lately. Another powder option is the The Body Shop Blush in 02 , which is really pretty as a everyday shade. And Because I had to take a third blush with me, I decided to take the Bourjoir Cream Blush in 02, which looks amazing alone or as a base for the other two blushes. To top everything up, I also decided to take my Benefit High Beam, which is one of my favourite highlighters.

In the department of eye make up I'm not sure about what to say...I mean, I'm proud that I didn't took a big palette with me, but I think I still went a little overboard. In terms of priming I went for my mini Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer since it's the smallest bottle I own. To be honest I am not a huge fan of it which is  why I also took my Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow in Bikini Tiny. I also took my Gosh Forever Shadow Sticks because they are easy to apply. Alongside with that and for a pop of colour I also took my depoted eyeshadows from H&M Beauty Department in Ginger Snap and Russet Rose - which are placed on my Wild Peach Cosmetics Palette.
As for eyeliner I took the three you can see - two Sephora Waterproof liners in Flashy Copper and Flashy Blue and one H&M Beauty Department Colour Essence Eye Liner in Copper Bullion. I also took a Liquid eyeliner that I placed with my brushes and my eyelash curler. As for mascara, I went for my Benefit Roller Lash Mascara since it's a Travel Size and it's a nice mascara.
As for Lip option, I had to take Liquid Lipstick with me obviously. The Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Mauvish Mauve is a staple in my daily routine, along side with NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Zurich and San Paulo. I also too my favourite Too Face La créme Lipstick in Cinnamon Kiss because sometimes I like to wear something more hydrating and the shade of this lipstick is just perfect.

It was too much, wasn't it? But let's all embrace the pretty picture!
Take care everyone.

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.