Why self-Care matters more than what we think

2/18/2019

I guess the title of this post, alongside my recent shift on my instagram feed already gave away the topic of today's post. Although I've been into makeup, skin care and beauty in general,  the one thing I really want and I feel I should write about is self-care. Mostly because it's what I've been preaching and practising for this month. Life can be a total mess, an active volcano that spits dragons at every five minutes ...but that does not mean that we shouldn't take at least 20 minutes every night or a whole afternoon to take care of ourselves. 
This mindset probably comes from the fact that I've been really curious about the Hygge lifestyle and I've recently read a book that described it in a very simple way - so simple that made me rethink some of my life choices and how I was embracing things. Simple things like drinking a good cup of tea and reading a book that I love every night before bed have been so simple and so nurturing at the same time. I still want to read The Little Book of Hygge : The Danish Way to life well, alongside other lifestyle book (like the one about Ikigai, lagom and Lykke)
I believe that most of us have this idea that taking time for ourselves is either selfish or a waste of time. It's neither. It's about nurturing ourselves and recharge our soul-batteries in order to face our tasks and challenges. It's about finding inner-peace when the world is always raging everywhere at any given time.

Self-care is probably one of the most important things we can do. It's more than okay to stop and take care. So, take care of yourself! Read that book that you love, take that long bath that you've been wanting to do. Drink that good cup of tea, do that spa session at home that you've been wanting and dreaming about. Because no one can operate non-stop. There used to be a milk advertisement growing up that said "if I don't love myself, who will?" And in today's environment, that's more important than what we realise.

What do you think about the concept of self-care? 

2 comments

  1. i totally agree with you, self-care is one of the most important things in life. to me, it learning to understand what i need and that its okay to take breaks.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Sadly there's still a stigma surrounding the topic!
      Thank you for passing by! Take care*

      Delete

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.