Effaclar Duo+ | Review

11/23/2014





Guess who's back? (or should I say, got time to write a post)
Everyone know how much I love the Effaclar duo from the La Roche Posay...so you can imagine how I felt when I got to know that they reformulated this baby. Here are my impression and comparison to the original.

So, Effaclar duo+ is meant to work just like the original one but with the added benefit of also taking care of marks and scars. If there's something I'm always struggling with is marks. Ugly, red marks. That and occasional spots that appear when I'm more stressed - there's no point in mentioning that I've been like that for the past week or so right?.
So, when I'm dealing with that (along side with the rest of my skin care task force ) I like to use this guy. On bad days I double it by wearing at night and in the morning, but on regular I just use him in the mornings. I can see how the formula is better - My marks and spots go away more quicker than before.
The packaging is the same as before, and I'm happy with that because I always liked how sleek this tube was because It's easier to take him with me whenever I go out for the weekend or vacation. It's also easy to control the quantity of product that we want to use. 
But the best part is for sure the new texture : the older one was more "watery" which meant that it was prone to leaking...actually that's exactly what happened to my last tube of the regular effaclar duo...the thing wouldn't spot leaking for nothing and when I realized the whole product was now living on the cap. Because this one has a more consistent texture, that doesn't happen at all. 
Also, this will probably live longer compared to the other tubes because of that. Overall, I'm really happy with this product and I can't wait to try out their new toner - which has AHA and BHA. 
And again - this is the European version! There is an American version with contains  benzoyl peroxide instead of salicylic acid. So you need to be careful when searching for this. I've seen some people reacting badly to this product because they were allergic to salicylic acid - for instances if you are allergic to Aspirin, there's a huge change that you'll be allergic to salicylic acid.

Take care everyone!
With Love,
Diana.


Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.