Sophx Makeup Revolution Highlighter Palette | Review + Swatches

3/05/2018

Welcoming the High Blink World 


I have been following Sophie for quite some time on YouTube. I really like how she talks about really affordable brands and does really amazing videos - I really like her make up tutorials! She is a total sweetheart and I was (am) super happy for seeing her getting an opportunity like this. She also has an eyeshadow palette (review also coming this month!) that is totally my ally!
But you might be asking: why did you get this? Well, it is  a really funny story. I am not a huge fan of big face palettes and at first I was curious but decided to take a pass on it. Eventually, after watching Sophie work with the palette and watching other YouTubers I fell in love with it and decided to give it a chance. I asked my mum if she could get it for me in the UK (because she has better access to Superdrug than me) and this beauty landed at my house a few days before Christmas eve! 




The Palette itself has everything I could dream of. The packaging is really clean and fuzz-free. I really like how they chose a light-yellow, beige like shade for the packaging and how the clear acrylic has SophX with a rose gold duo-chrome effect. It contains 8 different shades of highlighter.
I really love how this palette has it all.


The first row of the palette has the standard highlighters from the light spectrum of shades. The first shade is a very white highlighter (that I love to wear when I want more natural makeup), while the rest of the shades are multiple variants of gold. The third shade is more intense than the others since it is a baked formula.  They also work beautifully as inner corner highlighters!


The second row has more fun colours and all of them are baked. The first shade is a really gorgeous rose highlighter that I believe it's perfect for Spring, while the second shade is a really fun and frosty lavender that is amazing for when you are feeling like playing with your highlighter (without going for the regular golds). The last two shades are gorgeous bronzy highlighters that I personally use as either blush or shimmery bronzer and that are perfect for the summer time for that sun kissed glow.

No matter if I want something for everyday or for a special event, this palette will have it. Alongside that, It is really good to see a good quality palette for a good affordable price. I am quite curious about their new concealer - that it is breaking the internet - and their new stick foundation. There of course other products that caught my eye - like their lip kits.
If you are someone who, like me in the past, did not use highlighter but want to get into the train : get this. Another option would be their contour and highlighter duo (which resembles a very popular high end brand) that will provide you a good base.
You can get this palette at Superdrug (in store and online), Makeup Revolution official website and through MaquiBeauty (also known as Maquillalia)



And you? Have you tried this palette? 




  • *this post was updated on August 3rd with proper swatches

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.