Favourite Red Lipsticks | Review

7/25/2018

I love red lipsticks. They have the power to change a look : either sexy or just classic. The possibilites are quite endless depending on what you choose to work with (both eyes and overall look). Today I'll be talking about my favourite red lipsticks and how I love to wear them.


MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 

Long before Rihanna had her own beauty company, she had this really nice collaboration with MAC. I was given this lipstick in a SWAP by my dear friend Shayne and it has been one of my favourites. Although it is a Frost finish with some sparkles, this lipsticks ins't drying at all and holds beautifully on my lips (although it all depends if you are eating or not). I love to wear it on days I know it's okay to retouch and when I don't feel like wearing a plane matte lipstick. I am quite sad that this isn't available anymore.

Quem Disse Berenice? Matte Lipstick in Vinhelli 

One of my best friends from college gave me this lipstick, since she wasn't really found of the formula. I on the other hand think it's one of the best liquid lipsticks I've tried. Quem Disse Berenice? is Brazilian brand that is now available in Portugal as well. I really like their formula, since it's more creamy and less drying than normal formulas. It also holds pretty nicely on my lips, although I wouldn't call it transfer-proof. It's really closer to NYX Soft Matte Liquid Lipsticks. 

NYX Lingerie in Exotic

You are probably wondering why I have a lipstick from a Nude range. But to be honest, this is one of the oddest colours from their range. On it's own it has a more "brick shade" kind of vibe, but paired with a lip-liner and this turns into a beautiful and comfortable red lipsticks. It has been one of my favourite choices, specially when I go out with my best-friend to the cinema and eating out. 

Sephora Lip Stain in 24

This is one my favourite lip stains ever. So much that more than one, at the Sephora counter, whenever I am swatching shades I always look at this thinking "what a nice new shade to add"...until I realize that I already own it. (always before actually purchasing it, which is good!) Sephora has probably my favourite formular for liquid lipsticks - ever! It is super nice to apply and stay for long periods of time without touch up (unless I decide to eat something super greasy) 

Nyx Suede Matte Lip Liner in Alabama 

I got this last year when I was in serious need of a good red lip liner for my Huda Beauty liquid lipstick. I ended up getting this one and another one (in a much violet-shade) and I am super happy with it. I usually use it with every shade I've mentioned in this post. If you are looking for a nice red lip liner but you don't want to spend a lot : get this one! You won't regret it!

Huda Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Famous

Huda has been caught in many dramas lately. I am torn between stopping to support her whatsoever and giving her a last change. Nonetheless, last year I got this shade because I was dying to get a super dark plump-red lipstick for the winter season. The only bad thing about this lipstick (besides the drama surrounding the brand's owner) is the fact you need to wear a lip liner, otherwise it will bleed everywhere VERY BADLY.  So be careful with that. 
Have you tried any of these lipsticks?

4 comments

  1. Famous looks beautiful - this is definitely my favourite liquid lipstick formula!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They very nice! Although I just wish they wouldn't bleed as much.

      Thank you very much for your comment! Take Care!

      Delete
  2. Always love red lipsticks! Awesome collection.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.