A very small haul from The Ordinary and Revolution

6/18/2018


Because once in a while, there's nothing like a treat

I haven't bought anything beauty related for a while. But with the end of this semester and finishing a few important staples on my skin care routine, I decided to do a small haul at Maquibeauty/Maquillalia (depending on where you are) and I have to say, I am proud. I almost thought about getting something that I didn't need (in this case more lipsticks) but I decided to stop. What I was going to get wasn't really want I wanted to purchase so I decided to stop and instead of doing a mistake, I'll wait patiently until my birthday. 


I have to say, I almost did not purchase two of these products due to previous controversies. Namely The Ordinary. Apparently there was a whole controversy with their CEO taking over the instagram account and making non-professional posts. (alongside firing members of team and his vice-ceo) As the dust settled, I decided to make my purchase anyway in hopes that whatever happened with Brandon might be fixed. Otherwise I'll have to do some changes - just like be doing already due to last week's controversy surrounding a particular make up brand owner. 
But let's forget that! Let's talk about about the goodies!

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution 

This is one of the main reasons for my haul. My beloved Pixi Glow Tonic is almost empty and I cannot live without an acid toner. I did not want to purchase another Glow Tonic, mainly because I wanted to save a few euros (which made me able to get the rest of the items from this haul). And try out something new. I might go back to Pixi by the end of the year, but for now I'll be playing a bit with this. I really liked how they send the cap of the bottle separated from the bottle itself. Personally I believe it's an important detail. Review will be coming in the future. 

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 

Lastly but not least at all, I decided to repurchase my hyaluronic acid serum. My skin has been fuzz-free and with the hot Summer approaching, hydration is something I really need to step up. Since I really love this formula, there was not need for me to purchase something different at the moment. Although I have to admit that I almost for another serum - maybe I'll in a next haul by the end of the Summer when I start to prepare my Winter skincare routine. As far as I am concerned, this serum is more than approved by me. 



Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation in F2 

I got this foundation mainly to satisfy my curiosity surrounding stick foundations. I used to think about them as super tacky and not a good option. It turns out this foundation gives a super natural look to the skin and isn't tricky to apply and buff into the skin. I also really like the packaging. It is simple but super classy with the cream shade and the rose gold detailing. I'll be reviewing this product as soon as possible.

Revolution Conceal  & Define Concealer in C1 

I am a sucker for concealers. It is a staple in my make up routine so there is So when I saw Soph's video about this concealer I got super curious. Alongside with the drama surrounding Tarte and people comparing them I new I had to get it. Sadly my shade was out-of-stock every time I wanted to get it...But it's here! 
In terms of first impression, I am pleased. It does not seem super dry and it's easier to blend. It's like a better version of my beloved concealer from Catrice. It's also way better and not as dry as Nars Creamy Concealer. (which I cannot wear on my under-eye most of the times) 


And you, have you purchased anything special lately? 


Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.