A Sadly Natural Disapointment

3/26/2014




Sleek au Naturel Palette

I have a confession to make - this is the first palette I bought when I decided to be interested in make up. It was like..3 years ago? I just had started to read blogs and at the time, Sleek was entering in the Portuguese market. I saw a review on this palette - how amazing and affordable it was. I was a really young girl at the time and decided to jump and buy this palette. By the tittle, you can see that this didn't live for my high expectations. 
Ok to be fair, many of these shades are gorgeous and amazing, the problem is that pretty much half of the shadows have high pigmentation and crumbling problems. I know that I can't complain too much for a 10 euro palette, but I can't stop feeling bad about this. 






Before I start to talk about the shades, I want to credit Sleep&Water because I got inspired by her review on the Lorac Pro  swatches. I hope that she doesn't get mad but I really like her system. Please don't get mad! Also, I'm sorry for the "out of focus" thing, I'll be working on fixing it I promisse! 

On the first row (from left to right) we have Nougar, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast and Taupe
The first row is a mess. The only shade with good pigmentation is Taupe - a gorgeous golden shade . Nougar, Nubuck and Cappuccino have really poor pigmentation. But I'll be fair, Bow from the Oh So Special Palette has bigger problems compared to these shadows. I mean, you can say " oh they are nice as transition colours" but really, 5 transition colours? Often people complain how the Naked Palette's don't have enough matte's but really...I rather have 2 or 3 nice mattes than have 5 or 6 that aren't nice. (But that's just me)
On the second (from left to right) we have Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal and Noir.
The second row is a nice one. The only "trouble" shade in therms of pigmentation is Noir. Bark and Regal are matte and yet, they are beautiful to work. Conker, Moss and Mineral Earth are buttery and gorgeous shadows, although, watch out for a particular and annoying fallout. 

Overall, I'll keep using this palette but I'll always feel sad about the fact that half of the shadows have problems. Will I keep buying sleek palettes? Probably yes, but only after swatching every single eyeshadow from the palette. I can't do the same mistake trice..

Also, this is my person opinion. You may or not agree with me...
Take care everyone, have a nice day!



With Love,
Diana.

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.