The Oil Cleansing Method

3/08/2014

Yes, I've been a bit off from the blog. School was making me crazy with many weekly projects and characters to learn and along with that, I caught a really bad flu. So I apologize for the lack of posts, I'll try to be more consistent again next week. 
Because of what I said on my previous post about the foaming cleansers and how I started a new cleansing regime, I though that I should do a post talking a bit about it. I want to mention that I'm not a dermatologist or anything like that, but I've done a lot of research. If you want to know more in deep things, please visit Caroline Hirons Blog , she is a expert in Beauty Industry. 


(this is a pure illustrative photo, taken from my instagram. Just because I like to have at least one picture with every post)

A brief background


Many of you know that I recently gave on the so called and popular “Foaming cleansers”. I had a terrible allergy and reaction to a cleanser from Avène. My face would be either super dry or super oily, my usual “hormonal breakouts” (from that time of the month) were super inflamed and would get worse every time I use that thing.  Because I have the policy of just buying a new cleanser or backups whenever the current is ending, I had to work something else. I remembered what Caroline Hirons had said about foaming cleansers.  A click was made. 
I decided to work a bit more with my The Body Shop cleansing butter (because it was what I had at home). At first, it was strange. But know? I'm glad I did it.  My skin is better than ever, the breakout started to fade away as soon as I started this regime. The texture is better, pores are getting clean. I decided to bane foaming cleansers and sulphates from my face. 

Sulphates - laureth sulfate sodium or Sodium lauryl ether sulfate – is a chemical component used is many cleansing products. From dish washers and clothing washers to face cleansing. The problem is, our plates and clothes aren't like out face, at all. Among the fact that sulphates remover every single natural oil that our face produces – both bad and good – it also create a nice playground to bacteria’s. Not good at all right? 

Not everything is perfect

Yes, not all oils are good. Mineral oils aren't really that good. Although here  they say that it’s okay, some people might have problems with him. It’s a originality from petroleum so, people with sensitive might not like him…

Quoting from Wikipedia :

“The name mineral oil by itself is imprecise, having been used to label many specific oils over the past few centuries. Other names, similarly imprecise, include white oil, liquid paraffin, pariffinum liquidum, and liquid petroleum. Baby oil refers to a perfumed mineral oil.”

Liquid paraffin can also be found in some moisturisers. Bad moisturisers I have to say. I had a few moisturisers and lip balms with this ingredient and they weren't good (remember the moisturiser I hated from Nivea? It had this…)
Another oil to avoid is coconut oil because it can clog your pores like there’s no tomorrow. It’s nice for your body, but not for your skin.  

Another thing is, don’t wet your face before applying the balm or oil. Apparently alkaline's our skin and messes up with our pH level. Oh, and be sure to change your cloth every day to prevent bacteria contamination – it’s the same philosophy that we have with bushes, is it nice to spread foundation with a very gross and dirty brush? No. The same is applied to face cloths. I personally bough a set of 10 from IKEA. 7 for the weak days and 3 spares. 

So yes. I gave on Foaming Cleansers. Next Step will be Foaming Shampoo and foaming body wash. 
In terms of recommendations I can for sure recommend the The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter since it’s the one I'm currently using. Una Brennan’s cleansing oil is also good for a pre-cleanse (like removing your make up before the actual cleansing). 
For sure, the mostly hyped Emma Hardie’s Moringa Cleansing Balm (the only thing that it’s between me and that cleansing balm is the price) and I'm curious about the Take the Day Off cleansing balm from Clinique (a bit expensive, but nothing that a Sephora coupon can’t help). Shue Uemura's and Shiseido's cleansing oils are also quite used and hyped (although I recommend to check the labels..) and I've heard good things about Holika Holika's Soda Pore Cleansing oil.  


More information can be found at acne.org and again, at Caroline Hirons 's Blog (no she didn't paid me to advertise her, although I wouldn't mind get a free Emma Hardie cleansing Balm! Ahaha, I'm kidding okay?) and also at Balance me Beauty  ( they have a really excellent guide on the cleansing oil method and different types of oils!) 
So, that’s it. Next I’ll be contemplating the chemical exfolianting toner, which is something that I'm yet to try out (which means, I won’t be talking about it for the next 2 or 3 months). It’s a bit more complicated so, I’ll probably have to ask help to a friend or another. 

If there’s anything you want to add or ask, feel free. 
Take care everyone, have a nice day!* 

Post a Comment

© RandomlyDi. Design by FCD.